2008年11月29日土曜日

10..Politics in Japan -looking for jobs!-

The world economic crisis hit japan and as a result many Japanese lost their jobs. This problem affects young students, too.

Last week I went to a job fair held in KyoseraDome Osaka.

Currently, I am job hunting. At the job fair, students from many universities were visiting company booths and listening to explanations from the recruiting companies.

I saw a lot of students who approached the representatives and tried to give a good impression to them.
I was impressed by the passion they put in finding a good job and also by their fear of becoming part-timers or, worse "freeters" (Japanese English: Free-timers).

For more about this theme, look at the picture on the left. I took this photo at a small bookstore near my house.

All these in the book shelf are recruit books for students, full of suggestions on, for example, how to pass a job interview, how to write a good resume, and also drills for an employment examination.

Most of my university friends have, at least, one of such kind of books.

These days in Japan, it is not so rare anymore to hear about companies who suddenly cancel the unofficial acceptance of students as their new employee. Of course, KGU students might face this problem, too.

I think that I will see many news about the issue until I graduate.

1 件のコメント:

visual gonthros さんのコメント...

I'd like to read more about your experiences job hunting. How is job hunting an example of politics?